Custom steel is used for building walls, roof trusses, structural steel, floor systems, and roof or ceiling battens, providing sturdy foundations for structures to be build upon. Let’s have a look at some of the types of custom steel frames that steel fabricators like Steel Fabrication Services deal with everyday.
Custom Steel Walls
Walls need to be strong, reliable and built to last. Steel’s impressive strength to weight ratio makes it possible to span greater distances and therefore create larger and more open spaces which makes it the material of choice in modern architecture.
It is also an extremely versatile material. Fabricators often work closely with architects and designers to produce alluring custom interior walls for commercial purposes such as offices and modern apartment buildings.
Custom Steel Roofs
Steel can be implemented into almost any roof design and is as sturdy as you’re going to get when it comes to building materials. Some of the key benefits of custom steel roofing:
• It is 100% design flexible
• It will not contribute to the fire load of a structure
• It’s not susceptible to water and rot
• It’s not susceptible to termites
• It’s strong and relatively lightweight
• It will remain straight and strong forever
Custom Steel Floors
Steel is an optimal choice for the structural foundations of a building or house. Custom flooring systems are common in more complex designs, but also in residential construction. It is favoured for a number of reasons:
• Steel is fast and easy to install which saves time and money.
• It is also moisture and termite resistant, which is extremely important when it comes to the foundations of a house.
• Steel systems are far more rigid than timber or other materials and will ensure minimal give, thus reducing squeaks and bounce underfoot
• Custom steel flooring is extremely versatile and will suit building on even the most troublesome construction sites.
• Galvanised steel is steel that has been coated in zinc. It is very resistant to corrosion.
Custom Steel Stairs
Steel is very popular for use in stairs, particularly for more obscure designs and intricate embellishments. Steel also pairs nicely with popular modern interior elements like glass.
Custom steel frames usually come ready-made, waiting to be erected upon delivery, meaning that stairs can be installed quickly and efficiently. 3D technology allows close collaboration between designers and fabricators, greatly enhancing productivity and in turn further speeding up the building process.